URL Scanner — Malware URL Checker
Check suspicious links by using a mixture of blacklists and deep machine learning. Our URL scanning algorithms intelligently match similar indicators from malicious URLs, while ensuring that legitimate URLs are never penalized with false-positives. This approach ensures real-time scanning can identify new threats, even if the malicious URL has never been scanned before such as zero-day malware.
Deploy this URL malware scanner with your SOAR or SIEM applications such as Splunk threat intelligence, Palo Alto, Sumo Logic, Swimlane, IBM QRadar, ThreatConnect, Azure Sentinel and similar security platforms to enrich threat intelligence for malware detection. Lookup domain reputation including parked domain detection, popularity, risk score, malicious links, and similar threat insights.
While most malicious URL checking services rely on Google Safe Browsing, IPQS uses 100% proprietary data and AI algorithms to safely detect phishing links and scan malicious URLs. By performing all URL scanning in-house, IPQS can detect suspicious websites with greater accuracy than similar services. Quicker detection rates provide support for zero-day phishing links and newly compromised domains used for malware.Malicious URL Scanner API Docs
Scan Malicious URLs
Using the malicious URL checker tool can quickly analyze if a link is suspicious or unsafe. Real-time scanning of links is best if your goal is to block malware or prevent phishing link clicks. Scan URLs online with this free tool or use our API to check suspicious links directly in your own backend or SOAR security platform.
Scan URLs for malware with trusted accuracy. Follow all redirects and cloaking measures to identify the true destination URL. IPQS tracks behavior traits and forensic details of known suspicious links, to safely analyze URLs with AI and machine learning techniques — while avoiding false-positives and user experience issues.
Malicious URL Categories
- Phishing — Phishing is the biggest cyber threat for corporate environments in 2020, which can equally affect a company's clients or employees. Phishing occurs when a website hosts a fake login, registration, or sign up form meant to capture the user's account credentials. These pages are usually disguised with a brand's actual site elements, to convince the user it is an official site of that brand. Over billions of dollars are lost annually to phishing attacks. Spear phishing is a more targeted form of abuse when the payloads (emails/links) are tailored to match a person's interest.
- Malware — Websites currently hosting exploit kits, viruses, or similar types of malware, which can compromise a user's computer or device. These websites can include compromised domains, hijacked by hackers.
- Command And Control (C2) — C2 URLs allow an attacker to communicate to zombies, botnets, and other remote servers. C2 commands provide attack vectors and instructions for automated behavior.
- Parked Domains — These domains can be spelled similarly to brand names with small typos, causing confusion for consumers. Parked domains can also host disposable email addresses and other services to facilitate fraudsters. Links to parked domains are usually under suspicious circumstances.
Detect Parked Domains
Parked domains represent a large percentage of all active domains online. A parked domain can be a newly registered domain, which has not yet been pointed to a web server. These domains can also include aliases and suspicious redirect URLs. IPQS will accurately detect parked domains so your business logic can make the best decisions.
Create custom rules to only block parked domains when certain parameters are satisfied or other red flags are discovered. Dive deeper with IP reputation checks to identify servers with a history of abusive behavior.
Preventing Phishing Attacks
Stop phishing emails with intelligent real-time scoring. Integrate the phishing detection API with your favorite security platforms to identify suspicious links and misleading URLs that fit the behavior pattern of phishing attacks. Get better accuracy rates than similar providers with live URL scanning data from the IPQS threat network.
Keep your employees and clients fully protected from phishing attacks with real-time URL threat scanning. Combine these checks with email risk scoring to filter malicious emails and domains in addition to link URLs.
What Is The IPQS Threat Network?
IPQS serves threat intelligence feeds directly to Fortune 500s and the internet's largest financial institutions, ad networks, payment processors, and leading brands in ride share, dating, gaming, and travel. Many of our clients also feed threat data back into our ecosystem, allowing IPQS to detect new threats faster than any other service.
Fraud Fusion™ intelligently parses this data stream to perform accurate reputation checks across IP addresses, domains, suspicious URLs, payments, and user data. IPQS clients gain a significant edge in cyber threat intelligence by tapping into a live network of data for abusive users and cybercriminals. Feel confident with global data coverage, optimized for every region.
Interested in threat intelligence feeds? Book a demo below to learn how IPQS is outperforming legacy threat providers by over 40%.
Looking for Threat Data?
View malicious behavior and the latest cyber threats with a different angle than legacy providers. Easily identify residential botnets, infected devices, and malicious URLs with over 10 years of technology powering the perfect threat network. Solve common issues with abusive users, phishing attacks, and fraudulent behavior for any industry:
- Account Takeover Protection and phishing risk mitigation
- Bot Detection with device fingerprinting and behavior analysis
- IP Reputation & Proxy Detection including VPN & residential proxy detection
- Chargeback Protection and payment approval screening
- Fake Registration Detection including phone validation and email verification
- Click Fraud Detection, Invalid Traffic Filtering, and ad fraud solutions
Trusted by Thousands of Companies